Receiving Your New Residence Permit
The address used in the online application will be the delivery address of your SRP. Therefore, we advise all students to use the address provided in the application guide so that SRP’s are safely delivered to the university.
All SRP’s arriving at the university will be delivered to the Registrar’s Office and Registrar’s will notify students via email. Each student must collect his/her own card from the registrar’s following the notification.
Visiting student, post-doc researcher, and student family SRP’s will still be collected from ICO if they use the address provided in the application guide.
Effective as of Spring 2019 semester, your 1st and 2nd, 3rd and later renewed residence permit cards (SRP), if any, will be collected from the University’s Registrar’s Office (Kayit Kabul Direktorlugu) at ELC Building Z Level/Floor. Registrar’s receives your card on your behalf and makes necessary official records and notifies you of the arrival of your card. You should then visit the registrar’s and collect your card in person.
Wait time: After you submit your documents to us, it will take approximately 30-45 days to receive your residence permit ID card from the Registrar’s.
Notifications: Immigration Office may send students certain messages and updates in English and Turkish regarding their applications. It is solely students’ responsibility to stay abreast of these notifications and consult with ICO if any clarification is needed. It should be noted that even if the message may read “Your SRP has been delivered” you should wait to hear from KU’s registrar’s office to go and collect your SRP. Registrar’s has to open your package and register you on the Government student portal to enable you to complete certain procedures in Turkey, therefore they will notify you after they make necessary records.
If you do not receive your SRP within 2 months after application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: Please refrain from inquiring for your SRP at the registrar’s or emailing them as they only hand in your cards but do not track your application status.
Students, please read the following notes very carefully:
- When your Student Residence Permit arrives at the Registrar’s from PTT and the university mailroom, the registrar’s personnel will make a copy of it and enter your information on Higher Education Council’s database called YÖKSİS.
- YÖKSİS record will enable students to apply and obtain their Student Istanbulkarts at a Sales Point in Istanbul. Find the instructions link below.
- Please note, when you collect your SRP from the registrar’s you must wait one week for your YÖKSİS ID to become active and then visit an Istanbul Card application center for an application. If you go early you might have to go back again.
- Your YÖKSİS ID is an 11 digit number and it is identical with your foreigner ID number on your SRP that begins with 99. This ID number is a unique number assigned to each student for statistical and integrated online systems/database purposes. Therefore, using someone else’s YÖKSİS ID or SRP ID is counterfeiting and subject to serious penalties.
- If you had a temporary YÖKSİS ID starting with 98 to apply for Istanbul Card in the past, check with registrar’s and see if you need to update your records with your actual 99 ID number. You must use the 99 number eventually and for renewing your Istanbul Card.
- The email ID’s of the staff who will notify you about the delivery of your SRP are: DCANBULAT@ku.edu.tr (DAVUT CANBULAT) AND EMKILIC@ku.edu.tr (EMRAH KILIC). Please note these email addresses and make sure you are safely receiving their emails.
- IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION FROM THESE TWO STAFF MEMBERS, THIS MEANS YOUR SRP HASN’T REACHED THE REGISTRAR’S. WAIT UNTIL YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL FROM THESE STAFF.
- THESE STAFF MEMBERS WILL NOT ANSWER ANY OF YOUR SRP RELATED QUESTIONS. THEY WILL ONLY NOTIFY YOU TO PICK UP YOUR SRP’S.
- AFTER YOUR SRP APPLICATION, IF YOU WAIT MORE THAN 1,5 MONTHS AND YOU DO NOT HEAR FROM THE REGISTRAR’S ABOUT THE DELIVERY OF YOUR SRP YOU CAN CHECK WITH ICO BY EMAILING ICO@KU.EDU.TR
- YOUR SRP CAN ONLY BE COLLECTED BY YOURSELF UNLESS THERE’S A SPECIAL SITUATION OR ARRANGEMENT. IF THERE’S ANY SPECIAL SITUATION AND YOU CANNOT COLLECT YOUR SRP YOURSELF, YOU MUST EMAIL REGISTRAR@KU.EDU.TR FOR YOUR QUESTIONS. ONLY REGISTRAR CAN DECIDE SINCE IT’S A VERY IMPORTANT PERSONAL ITEM.
- This new regulation only applies to the “collection” of the SRP’s and nothing has changed about the application process, and your main contact for residency procedures is the International Community Office (ICO). Registrar’s is only responsible for handing in your SRP and keeping them on your files and creating your YÖKSİS ID’s as this is a formal requirement.