For renewal applications, the earliest the online application can be made is 60 days before the expiration date of your residence permit.
2. Printout of the online application form – signature field on the first page should be signed (after collecting all other documents, you can follow the guide below to fill out the online application form)
3. Passport photocopies after arriving in Türkiye – ID page, visa (if you have), last entry stamp page for Türkiye (all the copies should be on separate A4- size papers)
4. Photocopy of your previous residence permit card – if you had one (both sides of the residence permit card copy should be on one A4-size paper)
5. Student Enrollment Verification in Turkish
Upon receiving the certificate from the Registrar’s Office, make sure that it includes your temporary foreign ID number starting with “98”. If you are an exchange student, you should mention that it should also include the end date of your mobility.
You must collect the original certificate with a hand signature and stamp on it one day after your request from the Registrar’s Office. A copy or printout is not accepted.
If the document is missing your ID number, please indicate it immediately to the Registrar’s Office.
B. If you had a residence permit before: you should obtain your Student Enrollment Verification (Öğrenci Belgesi) from the e-Devlet (e-Government) platform (click here to see how). Exchange students should follow option A. even if you had a residence permit before.
6. Address Certificate
A. If it is your did not have a Turkish residence permit card before;
KU Dormitories: You must provide two documents for your SRP application. The first one is a Residence Certificate (in Turkish) from the KU Housing Directorate by making a request through H-Track-it. The second one is the Financial Statement-Address Declaration Document (can be found here – sample form can be found here).
Off-campus Housing: You must submit the photocopy of your notary approved rental contract. Your landlord should be present with you at the notary to obtain the approval. Please make sure that your address and full name are explicitly written on the documents you bring. If the house contract is not in your name, you should go to the notary with the person to who the contract is assigned and get a “taahütname” (an official document that states you are living with the person who is the tenant/the owner). That person should bring their rental contract or the certificate of ownership to the notary.
B. If you had a residence permit card before, you should submit your address registration certificate along with a copy of your notary approved rental contract and a utility bill (electricity, gas or water).
7. Health Insurance Documents
A. If it has been less than 3 months since your registration to KU and you did not have a residence permit card before, you should download, print, fill and submit the Health Insurance Compliance Document (can be found here – sample form can be found here). You must obtain health insurance within 3 months if you submit this document.
B. If it has been more than 3 months since your registration to KU/you had a residence permit card before, you should submit the following documents:
If you are not insured by KU:
Degree-seeking students: Private health insurance policy which covers the period you are requesting for. If you came from a country that has a Social Security agreement with Türkiye, you should provide Home Country Social Security.
Exchange students: Health insurance policy from your home country which covers the period of your mobility and a cover letter from ICO. If you came from a country that has a Social Security agreement with Türkiye, you should provide Home Country Social Security.
If you are insured by KU:
1. Health insurance policy to be obtained from the Human Resources Office (HR) – request by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Original signed and stamped hard copy of the health insurance letter to be obtained from the Human Resources Office (HR) – request by emailing (email@example.com)
If you do not know whether you are insured by KU or not, you may check the Acceptance Letter you received upon enrolment and/or consult your program advisor.
8. Receipt of 356₺ Card Fee payment – you have 2 options:
A. Online: You can pay at the Interactive Tax Office website as shown in the guide below after collecting all other documents.
B. To Sarıyer Tax Office: Obtain your tax ID number, visit Sarıyer Tax Office and make the payment for the 9207 reference code. Please make sure you have a stamp on the receipt. If not, please ask for a stamp by saying “Makbuza mühür basar mısınız?”. (If you are under 18, make sure to go with a relative/friend that can use their tax ID number instead.)
You may find all relevant information on the page below.
* If you completed the online application after your residence permit/visa expired, you are required to submit a Letter of Excuse in Turkish with supporting documents. If you do not have any Turkish-speaking friends, we can help you write the petition. You can find an excuse letter sample in Word format to edit it here.
Upon collecting all necessary documents mentioned under “List of Required Documents”, you can visit ICO by booking an appointment to have your folder checked.
Make sure to stay updated so you do not miss the appointment sent to you by the Migration Directorate/ İl Göç İdaresi.
All students applying for a residence permit must be present at their appointment date at the chosen Migration Office to submit their application files and provide their fingerprints. Therefore, you are required to submit your application file in person. Make sure to have your passport with you.