Document submissions are once a month. The date and time of the month are announced on our website (News & Announcement section), Instagram account, Bi-Weekly News, and our temporary WhatsApp group. Please join the group to have direct, instant communication. Missing the document submission day of the month means you have to wait until the next submission date (next month).
URGENT TRAVELS WHILE WAITING: Please see Traveling While Your SRP Application is in Process web page.
TRACKING YOUR APPLICATION STATUS: Please see Residence Permit Applications’ Follow-up Method web page.
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION: If you have an extraordinary situation about your application, if your application is denied, canceled or you are asked to take further action, please dial the official 157 Immigration Hotline.
2. A printout copy or a screenshot showing that you filled out the Residence Permit Document Submission Google Form. You must fill out this form before you visit our office for document submission. ICO will not accept the permit application documents of those applicants who can not show that they filled out the form.
A. You should mention in your request that the enrollment certificate is for your residence permit application and it must include your temporary foreign ID number that starts with 98.
B. If you had a residence permit before as a KU student before, please make sure your foreign ID number that starts with 99 is given on your enrollment certificate.
C. You must collect the original certificate with a hand signature and stamp on it one day after your request from the Registrar’s Office. A copy or printout is not accepted.
4. 4 biometric headshots in ICAO standards taken within the last six months. A biometric self-service photo booth is available on campus (Student Center, lower 1st floor).
5 . Receipt of 125₺ Card Fee payment. You have 3 options:
A. To Sarıyer Tax Office:
Obtain your tax ID number, visit Sarıyer Tax Office and make the payment for the 9207 reference code. Please make sure you have a stamp on the receipt. If not, please ask for a stamp (in TR.: Makbuza mühür basar mısınız?)
B. To one of the given government banks:
You can pay the fee to either Ziraat Bank, Halk Bank, or Vakıf Bank with your tax ID number for the 9267 reference code. Please make sure you have a stamp on the receipt. If not, please ask for a stamp (in TR.: Makbuza mühür basar mısınız?)
C. Online if only you are a full-time student:
1. Visit https://ivd.gib.gov.tr/
2. Press the “Göç İdaresi İkamet Tezkeresi Harç Ödeme” button.
3. Type the Tahakkuk no (Accrue no) into the “Başvuru Numarası” box and then the verification code as seen below the Başvuru Numarası box.
4. Your accrue no is indicated in your application form, 1st page.
5. Please download and print out the receipt once you are done with the payment.
6. If you are paying it with a foreign card, select the “Foreigner Payment” section and proceed. Make sure that your card is open to international transactions.
7. Note that you should pay only the card fee (125₺), not the application fee. If this online option asks you to pay the application fee as well, please log off and refer to the first two options.
6 . Health Insurance Documents
A. If it is your first time in Turkey, it has been less than 3 months since your registration to KU, and you did not have a residence permit card before, you should download, print, fill and submit the Health Insurance Compliance Document (can be found here – sample form can be found here). You must obtain health insurance within 3 months if you submit this document.
B. If you lived in Turkey before, it has been more than 3 months since your registration to KU, or you had a residence permit card before, you should submit the following documents:
If you are not insured by KU: Private health insurance policy which covers the period you are applying for your residency
If you are insured by KU:
1. Originally signed health insurance policy to be obtained from the Human Resources Office (HR.) Request by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Letter from HR ensuring the extension of the health insurance upon expiration. Request letter by emailing (email@example.com)
If you do not know whether you are insured by KU or not, you may check the Acceptance Letter you received upon enrolment and/ or consult your program advisor.
7 . Address Certificate
A. If it is your first time in Turkey and you did not have a residence permit card before, you should download, print, fill out and submit the Financial Statement-Address Declaration Document (Can be found here – sample form can be found here.) You must register your address once you receive your residence permit card.
B. If you lived in Turkey before and you had a residence permit card before, you should submit an address registration certificate.
8 . Passport photocopies after arriving in Turkey (ID page, visa page if you got a visa, last entry stamp page for Turkey.) Please make sure that all the photocopies are separately taken to separate A4- size papers.
9. Photocopy of your previous residence permit card (if applicable.) Both sides of the residence permit card copy should be on one A4-size paper.
* If you are a transfer student (studied at another Turkish university before) you are also required to submit a Graduation or Deregistration Letter.
* If you completed the online application after your residence permit/visa expired, you are required to submit a Letter of Excuse in Turkish with supporting documents. If you do not have any Turkish-speaking friends, we can help you write the petition. You can find an excuse letter sample in Word format to edit it here.
Please click here to see the Apostille Convention Countries (Convention of 5 October 1961 Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents).
If you arrive in Turkey without translating the documents, these apostilled documents must be translated and notarized for the residence permit application. We suggest the 23rd Notary Public since its location and the translation service it provides are convenient.
If you arrive to Turkey without translating and approving the documents, you should visit the consulate of your country and get your certificates stamped. Then you should visit the Sarıyer District Governor (Kaymakamlık – 5th floor) to have your stamped documents approved. Finally, you must get them translated to Turkish and notarized. We suggest the 23rd Notary Public since its location and the translation service it provides are convenient.