Residence Permit for Children

Required Documents and Notes for Faculty Member’s Children

  • Residence permit application form
  • Original copy of passport
  • Photocopy of visa page, last entry stamp and identity information
  • 4 Photos
  • Mother’s or father’s residence permit copy
  • Mother’s and father’s passport photocopy
  • Payment documentation of the faculty member (HR)
  • Birth Certificate (Notarised Turkish translation)
  • Former residence permit if available
  • If the child is younger than 18, health insurance is not required
  • Documentation of the benefactor’s residence (from “Nüfus Müdürlüğü”)
  • If it is an extension, the applicant’s documentation of residence (from “Nüfus Müdürlüğü”)
  • Criminal record of the primary residence holder (from the applicant’s own country or Turkish authorities if the applicant has been living in Turkey for the last five years.  )
  • Both parents and the child must be present at the application
  • ***If the criminal record is obtained from the applicant’s home country, it should have a notarised Turkish translation. If they want it from Turkey, they can get a password from PTT and get their record through e-devlet.
  • ***If the primary residence holder’s spouse is abroad, a consent letter is required (from a Turkish Consulate in their home country)
  • ***If the primary residence holder is divorced and is the legal guardian of the child, a notarised Turkish translation of the court’s ruling is required.