The earliest renewal application can be made 60 days before the expiration date of your residence permit. Students apply for an extension by themselves online. To prevent loss or misplacement of residence permit upon delivery, always use the university address as your home address. After completing the application form, please print it out, sign the signature field on the 1st page and submit it along with the other documents to the ICO on the announced document submission date and time.
Missed renewing your permit, and it has not been longer than a month? You must make a FIRST TIME APPLICATION. In this case, you will be subject to a fine for overstaying and have to write an excuse letter in Turkish.
ADVISING & DOCUMENT SUBMISSION/REVIEW HOURS: As we have transitioned to a new way of working during COVID-19, we keep our advising hours (between 3- 5 PM) for online advising during each workweek. If you would like to have a live meeting with us, please make an appointment in advance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each meeting will be limited to 15 minutes.
Document submissions are once a month. The date and time of the month are announced on our website (News & Announcement section), Instagram account, Bi-Weekly News, and our temporary WhatsApp group. Please join the group to have direct, instant communication. Missing the document submission day of the month means you have to wait until the next submission date (next month).
URGENT TRAVELS WHILE WAITING: Please see Traveling While Your SRP Application is in Process web page.
TRACKING YOUR APPLICATION STATUS: Please see Residence Permit Applications’ Follow-up Method web page.
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION: If you have an extraordinary situation about your application, if your application is denied, canceled or you are asked to take further action, please dial the official 157 Immigration Hotline.
You should use your old passport number and enter the dates of your new passport (date of issue and date of expiry).
In this case, please attach the photocopies of your old passport ID, last entry stamp, and visa pages to your application file.
You can enter your new passport information.
2. A printout copy or a screenshot showing that you filled out the Residence Permit Document Submission Google Form. You must fill out this form before you visit our office for document submission. ICO will not accept the permit application documents of those applicants who can not show that they filled out the form.
3 . Student Enrollment Verification in Turkish that indicates your foreign ID number that starts with 99, which should be registered at the YÖKSİS (Database of Higher Education Council.)
If you can not, you can request it through the KUSIS system and collect it from the Registrar’s Office (click here to watch how to do it). In this process, you should mention in your request that the enrollment certificate is for your residence permit application and it must include your foreign ID number that starts with 99 (Which should be identical to your YÖKSİS number.) Please indicate your 99 number in your request in case the Registrar’s Office is missing it. If your certificate is missing your 99 number, please immediately email a scan of your residence permit card to the Registrar’s Office to update your YÖKSİS number. Then, you can collect the original certificate with a hand signature and stamp on it from the Registrar’s office one day after your request. A copy or printout is not accepted.
4 . 4 biometric headshots in ICAO standards taken within the last six months. A biometric self-service photo booth is available on campus (Student Center, lower 1st floor).
5 . Receipt of 125₺ Card Fee payment. You have 3 options:
A. Online if only you are a full-time student:
1. Visit https://ivd.gib.gov.tr/
2. Press the “Göç İdaresi İkamet Tezkeresi Harç Ödeme” button.
3. Type the Tahakkuk no (Accrue no) into the “Başvuru Numarası” box and then the verification code as seen below the Başvuru Numarası box.
4. Your accrue no is indicated in your application form, 1st page.
5. Please download and print out the receipt once you are done with the payment.
6. If you are paying it with a foreign card, select the “Foreigner Payment” section and proceed. Make sure that your card is open to international transactions.
7. Note that you should pay only the card fee (125₺), not the application fee. If this online option asks you to pay the application fee as well, please log off and refer to the first two options.
B. To Sarıyer Tax Office:
Visit Sarıyer Tax Office and make the payment for the 9207 reference code with your foreign ID number. Please make sure you have a stamp on the receipt. If not, please ask for a stamp (in TR.: Makbuza mühür basar mısınız?)
C. To one of the given government banks:
You can pay the fee to either Ziraat Bank, Halk Bank, or Vakıf Bank with your foreign ID number for the 9267 reference code. Please make sure you have a stamp on the receipt. If not, please ask for a stamp (in TR.: Makbuza mühür basar mısınız?)
6 . Health Insurance Documents
A. If you are not insured by KU: Private health insurance policy which covers the period you are applying for your residency
B. If you are insured by KU:
Originally signed health insurance policy to be obtained from the human resources office. Request by emailing (email@example.com)
Letter from human resources ensuring the extension of the health insurance upon expiration. Request letter by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you do not know whether you are insured by KU or not, you may check the Acceptance Letter you received upon enrolment.
7 . Address Certificate
B. If you do not have a valid residence permit, you can not register your address. In this case, you can provide the Financial Statement-Address Declaration Document (can be found here – sample form here.) You must register your address immediately after you receive your new permit card.
8. Passport photocopies after arriving in Turkey (ID page, visa page if you got a visa, last entry stamp page for Turkey.) Please make sure that all the photocopies are separately taken to separate A4- size papers.
9. Photocopy of your previous residence permit card. Both sides of the residence permit card copy should be on one A4-size paper.
* If you are a transfer student (studied at another Turkish university before) you are also required to submit a Graduation or Deregistration Letter.