Accepted students who want to stay at the university dorms must apply and make payments during the assigned period.
Undergraduate/Exchange Student Dormitories

Graduate Students and Scholars

Graduate students that are enrolled at our university and entitled to accommodation are assigned to dormitory rooms in West Campus and Rumelifeneri Campus. Free shuttle transportation to and from Main Campus is available to KU members.

Please contact your program advisor for housing-related questions, and they will refer you to the appropriate resources.

For all your housing-related questions or concerns, please email

For your technical work requests please submit a form via
Please speak with housing staff to learn more about housing-related track-it service, repair wait times, what to do, etc.

The Human Resources Office communicates with the new faculty members in advance of their arrival. For more information about accommodation and housing benefits, you can contact
Checking in
This link is only a recommendation and we do not assume any responsibility in case of any conflict or disappointment. Please feel free to refer to the route maps we provide in that document to conveniently search and find off-campus housing as they show the start and endpoints of the public transit (BUS 154 and M2 Green Line Metro) that are closest to the main campus.
Upon arrival to campus, you will be welcomed by security. Please be prepared to present a picture ID (i.e. passport) and a copy of your acceptance letter. Please note that the security guards speak little to no English. However, they will guide you so you can proceed to the housing office to complete your check-in procedures. Please cooperate with security as they might need you to fill out a guest form and check-in your ID until you leave campus.

Check-in and dorm/apartment key acquisitions for all students and non-student residents must be made at the main campus Housing Office located in S Building. Graduate students must also visit the main campus housing office to select their apartments from a draw (lottery style), sign their housing contracts, and pick up their apartment keys. Housing office personnel will assist graduate students in calling a taxi to take them to their off-campus apartment complex located within 5 minutes from the main campus.

Undergraduate students will be shown their rooms and will be able to check in on the premises right away.

All new students must arrive on the dates specified on the academic calendar, the pre-arrival guide, and the housing department’s website.

Off-Campus Options
The ICO does not provide any assistance on off-campus housing. If you choose to live off-campus at a self-arranged accommodation, you can check out the guide that we have prepared for you to ease the process.


1. There is a list of districts that have strict limitations for foreigners. Those who stay in one of the listed restricted districts cannot apply for a residence permit, nor register their addresses. While this does not apply to those with a student residence permit, work permit or work permit exemption, we advise that you do not move to one of the listed districts to be on the safe side.

The list can be found on the Migration Office website. (Please note that the list is subject to change and can be updated periodically. You can consult 157 Foreigners Communication Center if you would like to confirm the latest list.)

2. When renting a flat, you must make a contract with the homeowner and obtain a notary-made rental agreement. For details on the matter, please check our Obtaining Official Documents page.