Dear International Students,

This announcement is to inform you that there has been a significant change in the student residence permit application process.


What’s New?

  1. From now on, you will submit your SRP application to ICO but there are certain regulations and important deadlines.
    • There will be very strict deadlines to MAKE the online application and SUBMIT the application documents to us. The dates will be given on the SRP website for each month. MISSING THE DEADLINES means your application folder will be submitted to authorities late, resulting in a delay in your permit application process, or even rejection.
  2. All students must go to the Fatih Migration Directorate without an appointment, and provide their fingerprints before submitting their application.
  3. We have already updated our webpage regarding the procedure, please check it out and attend our webinar (details below) to ask your questions!


What Else is New?

  1. The list of required documents has been refreshed. Neither a financial statement/address declaration letter nor an insurance compliance letter is required. An actual address document with actual insurance is a must.
  2. Student Social Security Activation (SGK – Public General Health Insurance) is highly recommended by the migration offices as health insurance. Students can purchase this only if it has been less than 3 months since their enrollment at KU. Others who are not covered by KU need to purchase private health insurance. More information can be found on our Health & Emergency page.
  3. From now on, if the student has sufficient passport and insurance validity, they will be issued a residence permit for the whole duration of their studies.
  4. Students who got their student residence permit applications rejected this year while they were active students at KU or are currently in Türkiye past their SRP expiry date without having applied to SRP can do a first-time application that will be evaluated. The Migration Office will evaluate the applications case by case, there is no guarantee that it will be accepted.
  5. If you are living off-campus and the rental contract is not in your name, you need a taahhütname (commitment letter) and from now on, a person can only give a taahhütname to two people at most, if they already are guarantors for two people, their taahütname for you will not be accepted by the Migraton Office. For detailed information you can visit our Obtaining Official Documents page.


Info Webinar

We are going to meet online with you to talk about the new procedure and answer your questions. We are looking forward to meeting you there!

Time: Dec 18, 2023, 12:00 PM*

*If you could not attend, you can watch the recording on the SRP page.