According to the regulations set forth by the Information and Communication Technologies Authority of Türkiye (ICTA), each individual coming into Türkiye with a mobile device must register their device within 120 days of arrival. Calling features of those devices not registered within 120 days will be blocked. Other features of the device can still be used without registration, including emergency calls. The registration per person/passport is limited to one device every three years.
Those staying in Türkiye for less than 120 days do not need to register their mobile device.
Steps for Registering Your Foreign Mobile Phone
- Pay the phone registration fee online as shown on our “Phone Registration Online Fee Payment Guide”.
- You can retrieve your IMEI number by dialing *#06# on your phone.
- The registration fee is 2732 TL for 2022.
- If the online payment does not work, you may also pay the fee in-person at Ziraat Bank with your residence permit card and your phone’s IMEI number.
- Visit any PTT branch (National Post Office) with your active Turkish mobile phone, passport, and residence permit card and purchase your e-Devlet (e-Government) pin code.
- The pin code must be registered with your foreign ID number that appears on your residence/work permit card and begins with 99.
- Sarıyer PTT is the closest one to KU.
- Complete the registration on the e-Devlet system by following our video guide.
Note: If you do not receive your residence permit during these 120 days, you may register your phone through your cell service provider (Turkcell, Turk Telekom, Vodafone) by visiting their branch. However, they do charge a service fee. Therefore we advise you to apply for a residence permit on time to avoid pursuing this option.