It is your responsibility to check up on your application status and in case of a missing document submit it to the ICO.
On this page, you can find useful information about procedures to complete with your residence permit card.
For renewal applications, the earliest the online application can be made is 60 days before the expiration date of your residence permit.
If you are going to freeze/suspend a semester or cancel your enrollment to KU, your SRP will be cancelled. For more information, visit our SRP FAQ page.
1. 4 biometric headshots – in ICAO standards taken within the last six months (biometric self-service photo booth is available on campus athe Student Center, lower first floor)
2. Passport photocopies after arriving in Türkiye – ID page, last entry stamp page for Türkiye, visa (if you have), e-visa (if you have, if obtained due to having “a valid Schengen members or USA, UK, Ireland visa or residence permit”, a copy of this visa or RP is also required)
3. Photocopy of your previous residence permit card – if you had one (both sides of the residence permit card copy should be on one A4-size paper)
4. Student Enrollment Verification in Turkish
If you are an exchange student, you should mention that it should also include the end date of your mobility.
You must collect the original certificate with a hand signature and stamp on it one day after your request from the Registrar’s Office. A copy or printout is not accepted.
If the document is missing your foreign ID number (TCKN), please indicate it immediately to the Registrar’s Office.
5. Address Certificate
KU Dorms: Residence Certificate (in Turkish) from the KU Housing Directorate by making a request through H-Track-it. (In the “TC” section, you can add your passport/residence permit number.)
– If you stay at a non-KU dorm –> letter of stay and authorized signature list (imza sirküleri) or “İşyeri Açma Ve Çalışma Ruhsatı Belgesi”
– If you rent a flat –> photocopy of notary made rental agreement (the original also has to be handed in for confirmation)
If the rental contract is in the parent’s names and their names are written on the student’s passport, they can add a copy of the parents’ passport as proof. If the parents’ names are not available on the passport, a family document, a birth certificate, or similar confirming documents are required. The confirming documents must be apostilled in the home country, translated into Turkish, and notarized in Türkiye.
– If you stay with someone and the rental contract is not in your name –> a photocopy of the commitment letter (taahhütname) and the additional documents (the originals also has to be handed in for confirmation). For the instructions and the full list of required additional documents for taahhütname click here.
– If you stay at a hotel (not recommended) –> agreement letter that shows your stay, the payment receipt (should be the entire semester), and the authorized signature list (imza sirküleri) or “İşyeri Açma Ve Çalışma Ruhsatı Belgesi”.
– If you stay at a Airbnb (not recommended) –> photocopy of notary made rental agreement OR a photocopy of commitment letter (taahhütname) from your host with the additional documents (the originals also has to be handed in for confirmation). For the instructions and the full list of required additional documents for taahhütname click here.
If you have not yet registered your address and you possess a valid residence permit, please proceed immediately to register your address for the address registration certificate. Address registration is an obligation by law!
If you did not register your address and you do not have a valid residence permit, you should submit either a Residence Certificate in Turkish (requested through H-Track-it) if you stay at KU dorm, or a notarized rental contract or taahhütname (commitment letter). For taahhütname and notarized rental contract, please click here to ensure you do not miss any details.
6. Health Insurance Documents
Health insurance: A Turkish health insurance policy that is valid for the duration of your study period at KU (SGK preferred for degree-seeking students).
If you are insured by KU as a graduate/post-graduate student, you should request the health insurance cover letter and policy from Human Resources (HR) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week before and pick up the signed and stamped hard copies. If you do not know whether you are insured by KU, you may check the Acceptance Letter you received upon enrolment and/or consult your program advisor.
7. Receipt of 565₺ Card Fee payment – you have 2 options:
* If you are below the age of 18 who arrived to Türkiye without a student consular visa, you must bring two additional documents:
You may find all relevant information on the Pre-Arrival Resources page.
* If you studied at a Turkish university before, you are also required to submit a Graduation or Deregistration Letter as mentioned on the Transfer Students page.
You should only complete the online applications on the given dates mentioned.
You must also make sure that you apply before your visa/visa exemption/residence permit expires.
Documents to take with you:
Time: 08:30-11:30, 12:30-16:00
When you visit, you can say: “Öğrenci ikamet başvurum için parmak izi vermeye geldim (I came to get my fingerprints scanned for my student residence permit application)”.
You should come to the submission dates to submit:
IMPORTANT: The Migration Office always reserves the right to invite you for an interview. You should stay updated with your SMSes.
The confirmation slip will be proof that you applied for the SRP and should be kept with you at all times. You may take a copy and a photo of it for safekeeping as well.
If your document had missing documents upon the Migration Office visit, the ICO will email you with details on how to proceed.