For renewal applications, the earliest the online application can be made is 60 days before the expiration date of your residence permit.
If you are going to freeze/suspend a semester or cancel your enrollment to KU, your SRP will be cancelled. For more information, visit our SRP FAQ page.
2. Printout of the online application form – signature field on the first page should be signed (after collecting all other documents, you can follow the guide below to fill out the online application form)
3. Passport photocopies after arriving in Türkiye – ID page, visa (if you have), last entry stamp page for Türkiye (all the copies should be on separate A4- size papers)
4. Photocopy of your previous residence permit card – if you had one (both sides of the residence permit card copy should be on one A4-size paper)
5. Student Enrollment Verification in Turkish
If you are an exchange student, you should mention that it should also include the end date of your mobility.
You must collect the original certificate with a hand signature and stamp on it one day after your request from the Registrar’s Office. A copy or printout is not accepted.
If the document is missing your foreign ID number (TCKN), please indicate it immediately to the Registrar’s Office.
6. Address Certificate
KU Dorms: You must provide two documents for your SRP application.
1 – Residence Certificate (in Turkish) from the KU Housing Directorate by making a request through H-Track-it (In the “TC” section, you can add your passport/residence permit number).
Off-Campus Housing: You must submit the photocopy of your notary approved rental contract and a utility bill (water, gas, electricity). For the detailed process, visit this page.
KU Dorms: Residence Certificate in Turkish (requested through H-Track-it).
Off-Campus Housing: a copy of your notary-made rental contract and a utility bill (electricity, gas or water).
7. Health Insurance Documents
If you are not insured by KU, your options are:
Health insurance: A policy which is at least valid for one year.
Home Country Social Security: There are certain countries that have an agreement with Türkiye regarding general health insurance. If you do not have a private health insurance policy, you may check if your country is included and activate your social security.
If you are insured by KU:
1. Health insurance policy to be obtained from the Human Resources Office (HR) – request by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Original signed and stamped hard copy of the health insurance letter to be obtained from the Human Resources Office (HR) – request by emailing (email@example.com)
If you do not know whether you are insured by KU or not, you may check the Acceptance Letter you received upon enrolment and/or consult your program advisor.
8. Receipt of 356₺ Card Fee payment – you have 2 options:
* If you are below the age of 18 who arrived to Türkiye without a student consular visa, you must bring two additional documents:
You may find all relevant information on the Pre-Arrival Resources page.
* If you studied at a Turkish university before, you are also required to submit a Graduation or Deregistration Letter as mentioned on the Transfer Students page.
Note: We advise that you get your documents checked at least 4 days before your appointment to make sure you have enough time to collect missing documents if there are any.
Make sure to stay updated so you do not miss the appointment sent to you by the Migration Directorate/ İl Göç İdaresi.
All students applying for a residence permit must be present at their appointment date at the chosen Migration Office to submit their application files and provide their fingerprints. Therefore, you are required to submit your application file in person. Make sure to have your passport with you.